World Autism Day April 2, 2024
Help Autism Ontario celebrate World Autism Day! By holding your own school initiative in support of Autism Ontario, you will teach your students valuable lessons about community, giving, and inclusion by breaking down stigma about autism.
There are 3 ways to show your support:
- Join the Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge
- Fly our flag during the month of April, or on April 2, 2024
- Do both!
The Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge
Your school could win a profile in Autism Ontario’s Autism Matters magazine and widespread recognition on our social media! From April 1st to 30th, participating schools will compete for the opportunity to win a $500 pizza lunch for the Top Fundraising School of 2024!
Join the challenge by registering your school and rally your students around this limited-time, Ontario-wide competition, all for a good cause!
Register your school today! Stay tuned for a digital toolbox and other resources to help you organize your fundraising efforts.
Fly a Flag for Autism Awareness
Back by popular demand! Schools can purchase a flag for $25 to use as the centerpiece in an autism awareness gathering. Fly your flag for the month of April, or on World Autism Day, April 2, 2024. All proceeds go to support the programs and services of Autism Ontario.
The flag is also great to include in any fundraising efforts as part of the School Giving Challenge! Stay tuned for more fundraising support, such as talking points about autism and autism awareness.
Pre-purchase your flag today! Flags will be mailed out starting in January 2024.
Here’s how it works
- Register in the Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge as a fundraising team.
- Your school will automatically be added to our Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge online donation form.
- We’ll send your point person further instructions and tips by email.
- Get inspired! Be creative! Fly our flag! Encourage your team to find a fundraising activity that works best for your school.
- Share your campaign on social media, and tag Autism Ontario to extend your reach! #CelebrateTheSpectrum #AOGivingChallenge #AutismOntario
- Send us photos of your flag and fundraising efforts and we might share them on our social media! Photos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit all your donations to Autism Ontario by Friday, June 7, 2024, to wrap up your campaign.
- Stay tuned for an announcement about the winner on Monday, June 10, 2024! We will send an email to the winner before celebrating their success publicly.
How we can help your team!
To make the most out of this challenge, we have put together some helpful resources to help you prepare, launch, monitor, and gather results for a successful campaign!
Check out our resources. We can help you with social media images to let your communities know you are participating, postcards you can email to encourage donations, a giving page where people can donate directly to your campaign, and more!
We can help you spread the word about your campaign!
We have put together some useful, ready-to-share social media messages to help you spread the word to your donors.
Want to help your team plan the campaign?
Check out the Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge Checklist to help keep everyone on track!
The Donation Form
Encourage online donations from your wider community!
Friends and family can make donations directly to your campaign through the Celebrate the Spectrum School Giving Challenge Donation Form.
If you registered as a fundraising school, you will see your campaign listed. Next, make sure you link all your ads to the form and share it widely!
Fill out the form to accompany cheques made in support of your campaign.